After an auto accident, it’s crucial to receive appropriate care to ensure a full recovery and prevent long-term complications. Chiropractic care can play a significant role in addressing a wide range of injuries, particularly those affecting the musculoskeletal system.
At Raleigh Spine Clinic, we offer a comprehensive range of services to help patients overcome the physical challenges resulting from a car accident. Get on the road to a full recovery by booking an appointment at our clinic in Raleigh, NC.
What Is Auto Accident Chiropractic Care?
This type of chiropractic care involves the diagnosis, treatment and management of injuries sustained in an auto accident, with a focus on the musculoskeletal system.
Chiropractors are experts in identifying and treating issues affecting the spine, muscles and joints, which can be significantly impacted by the forces involved in a car collision.
Chiropractic care for car accident injuries offers numerous benefits, including:
- Pain relief and reduced inflammation
- Faster recovery by accelerating your natural healing process
- Reduced risk of long-term complications, including chronic pain and disability
Common Automobile Accident Injuries Treated by Chiropractors
Chiropractors are skilled in treating a wide range of injuries resulting from auto accidents, including the following:
Auto accidents can result in various types of back pain, including muscle strains, ligament sprains and spinal misalignments. Chiropractic care helps address the underlying issues causing pain through spinal adjustments, soft tissue therapies and rehabilitative exercises.
A herniated disc occurs when the cushioning disc between the vertebrae in the spine ruptures or bulges, potentially irritating nearby nerves and causing pain, numbness, or weakness. Chiropractic care can help alleviate symptoms and improve mobility through spinal adjustments, decompression therapy and other techniques.
Whiplash is a common injury resulting from the rapid back-and-forth movement of the head and neck during an auto accident. This movement can strain and damage muscles, ligaments and other soft tissues in the neck. Chiropractors can help diagnose and treat neck pain caused by whiplash through spinal adjustments, soft tissue therapies and rehabilitation exercises.
Why Choose Raleigh Spine Clinic?
Raleigh Spine Clinic has built a reputation for excellence in treating auto accident injuries. Here’s why:
- Our founder, Jeffery Roistacher, D.C. has been in practice for almost 20 years and is a nationally recognized chiropractor, author and host.
- We have extensive experience in treating auto accident injuries and helping patients recover their mobility and quality of life.
- Our mission is to provide personalized, effective care to each patient, with a focus on long-term healing and wellness.
- We use state-of-the-art techniques and equipment to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients.
- Our patients consistently report high levels of satisfaction with our care and outcomes.
Any individual who has sustained an injury to the neck, back or spine in a car accident can be a good candidate for chiropractic care. Many of our patients prefer a non-invasive, drug-free approach to managing their auto accident-related injuries and symptoms or are seeking an alternative to pain medication and physical therapy.
Specific concerns we treat include:
- Whiplash injuries, herniated discs or vertebral misalignments (subluxations)
- Chronic pain or limited mobility related to the accident
- Headaches, dizziness, numbness, or tingling in the extremities
- Post-traumatic stress or anxiety
Before starting chiropractic care, you should be cleared by a medical professional to ensure there are no contraindications or risks associated with your specific health condition.
What to Expect from Your Auto Accident Chiropractic Treatment
As a new patient, you’ll first undergo a comprehensive physical examination. This process may include X-rays or other imaging studies to accurately diagnose your injury. Your chiropractor and you will discuss your medical history, current symptoms and the details of the accident to develop a customized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs.
At each session, your chiropractor will use various techniques to help alleviate pain, reduce inflammation and improve mobility. These may include:
- Spinal adjustments: The chiropractor will apply controlled force to specific joints in your spine to correct misalignments and restore proper range of motion.
- Soft tissue therapies: Techniques such as massage or myofascial release may be used to relieve muscle tension and promote healing in damaged tissues.
- Mobilization and stretching: Your chiropractor may guide you through gentle stretches and movements to improve flexibility and range of motion.
Following your treatment, your chiropractor may recommend additional therapies or exercises to support your recovery. These may include:
- At-home exercises: Practicing prescribed stretches and strengthening exercises can help speed up your recovery and prevent future injuries.
- Lifestyle modifications: Small changes to your daily activities, such as adjusting your workstation or practicing better posture, can minimize strain on your injured areas.
- Follow-up appointments: Regular visits to your chiropractor will help monitor your progress.
Cost of Auto Accident Chiropractic Care in North Carolina
The overall cost of your treatment will vary based on factors such as the severity of the injury and the length of session required. Check with your insurance provider for coverage information, as many plans offer coverage for chiropractic care related to auto accidents.
At Raleigh Spine Clinic, we use multiple leading-edge technologies to improve your health. These include:
- The Miracle Wave: A non-invasive treatment using acoustic shockwave therapy to stimulate tissue regeneration and treat conditions such as plantar fasciitis, tendinitis and muscle pain.
- ReliefNow Laser: A cold laser therapy that reduces inflammation and promotes tissue repair, commonly used to treat conditions like arthritis, tendonitis and muscle strains.
- Summus Horizon Class IV laser: A high-powered laser therapy that penetrates deep into tissues, promoting healing and pain relief for conditions such as joint pain, back pain and sports injuries.
- SpineMed Decompression: A non-surgical spinal decompression therapy that gently stretches the spine to relieve pressure on herniated or degenerated discs, often used to treat conditions like sciatica, spinal stenosis and disc-related pain.
Book Your Auto Accident Chiropractic Consultation in Raleigh, NC
Don’t let pain and discomfort from an auto accident hold you back. Our convenient Raleigh, NC location makes it easy for you to access the care you need. Schedule a consultation with the experienced team at Raleigh Spine Clinic to begin your journey toward healing and recovery.
Is chiropractic care safe after an auto accident?
Yes, chiropractic care is a safe and effective treatment option for many types of injuries sustained in auto accidents. Your chiropractor will carefully assess your condition to determine if chiropractic care is appropriate for you.
How soon after a car accident should I start treatment?
It’s generally recommended to seek chiropractic care as soon as possible after an auto accident. Early intervention can help prevent the development of chronic pain and other complications. However, it’s never too late to seek care if you’re experiencing pain or discomfort related to an auto accident.
How many chiropractic sessions will I need?
The number of sessions required can vary depending on the severity of your injuries and your individual response to treatment. Your chiropractor will develop a customized treatment plan and discuss the expected duration of your care.
Will my insurance cover treatment?
Many health care plans offer coverage for chiropractic treatment, and you don’t need a referral to be seen in our office. However, do check with your insurance provider for specific information on your coverage before booking an appointment.