Spinal Decompression Therapy in Raleigh!
Avoid Neck and Back Surgery!
Spinal Decompression Therapy is a credible, non-surgical and non-invasive treatment developed by a team of specialists including Neurosurgeons, Orthopedists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Neurologists and Physical Therapists.
This innovative treatment option is particularly beneficial for the care of:
- Degenerative Discs (AKA: Degenerative Disc Disease or DDD)
- Herniated Discs Bulging Discs
- Spinal Stenosis
- Facet Arthropathy
- Facet Syndrome
- Numbness/Tingling/Pain in the arms or legs
- Neck or low back pain
- and even patients with Failed Back Surgery
Spinal Decompression Therapy primary objective is to resolve the CAUSE of the problem (altered mechanical alignment and resulting weakness of Disc, Ligament, and Muscle) by creating different levels of mobilization to develop strength, endurance, range of motion, and flexibility. The treatment delivery method allows for highly specific mobilization or distraction of targeted spinal segments to improve function and performance.
Creating this “targeted” movement will strengthen the spine, relieve pressure on a nerve, promote the influx of oxygen, blood flow and nutrients in the affected area.
Spinal Decompression Therapy has been extensively studied over the last decade and has been clinically validated. Thousands of patients have been successfully treated. Dr. Roistacher boasts a success rate of over 85%.
Spinal Decompression Therapy is cost effective. The cost of treatment is less than 1/10th the cost of Surgery. Most patients require no, or minimal, absence from work. Most important, patients report to being active to MORE active after NDS while surgery patients become weaker over time.
Typical Treatment schedules are 8-12 weeks long with patients in therapy for between 20-30 hours total time. Treatment plans are based on individual needs (age, body type, history etc.) and are focused on making the patient stronger than they were before they started to experience pain. Focusing on treating patients like athletes (stronger vs weaker) creates better long term outcomes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Spinal Decompression Therapy safe? Spinal Decompression Therapy is multiple times safer than surgery. In Fact, Spinal Decompression Therapy is considered one of the safest therapies (yet very effective) available.
2. Is it true that professional sport teams incorporate Spinal Decompression Therapy? Yes, many teams in the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL refer their players for Spinal Decompression Therapy, not only for back issues, but also because Spinal Decompression Therapy makes athletes stronger and more flexible. Walter Reed Hospital in Maryland is one of many world renown facilities that use Spinal Decompression Therapy to treat patients.
3. How long does the therapy last? Spinal Decompression Therapy patients have individual care plans based on their history, age and body type. A care plan can be 20-30 hours of treatment within the facility over a 8-12 week time frame. Patients may never need Spinal Decompression Therapy again or they may need “maintenance” treatment from time to time if they have a taxing work environment or play contact sports.
4. Is Spinal Decompression Therapy covered by my Insurance? All patients have their Insurance verified before treatment. Many carriers provide for elements of Physical Medicine to be covered but coverage varies on a case by case basis.
5. What is the success rate of Spinal Decompression Therapy? It is not atypical for success rates to be over 85%. Compared to surgery, Spinal Decompression Therapy is many times more effective.
6. Will I need an MRI to determine if I am a candidate for Spinal Decompression Therapy? Many patients have an MRI before they begin therapy. However, it is not always necessary. Our Physicians perform a comprehensive examination and consultation BEFORE treatment options are investigated.
7. I have been told that surgery is the ONLY option for me, is that true? Many times, surgery is NOT the only option. In fact, thousands of patients whom have already HAD surgery will undergo Spinal Decompression Therapy because the surgery failed and the pain returned. Our Physician will provide a 2nd opinion Free Consultation to see which option may be the best moving forward.
8. Why do surgeries have such a low success rate? Simply put, it is VERY hard to make the spine stronger by subtracting vital pieces of the spine and making it LESS flexible. Spinal Decompression Therapy creates more flexibility and strength. Spinal Surgeries have been classified as one of the least successful procedures with some studies indicating up to a 92% failure rate LONG term.
Isn’t your health worth at least a 2nd opinion? We refer to NeuroSurgeons for patients that are not candidates for Spinal Decompression Therapy. And our doctor is very skilled and experienced with Spinal Decompression Therapy, Dr. Roistacher provides over 17+ years of clinical excellence.
If you have additional questions for us, please schedule your FREE consultation today! You can schedule by phone at (919) 847-3959, or request an appointment right here on our website!